“We can’t hate ourselves into a version of ourselves we can love.” ~Lori Deschene
There are times when we all fall prey to non-serving, self-deprecating thoughts. Daily life can wear you down, and even those of us who in general have good self esteem are only human, and can be tempted to let the inner critic make its case against us. The author of the article “7 Things to Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough” shares some super true, super handy things to keep in mind when you’re tempted to be mean to yourself:
1.THE PEOPLE YOU COMPARE YOURSELF TO COMPARE THEMSELVES TO OTHER PEOPLE TOO.
2. YOUR MIND CAN BE A VERY CONVINCING LIAR.
3. THERE IS MORE RIGHT WITH YOU THAN WRONG WITH YOU
4. YOU NEED LOVE THE MOST WHEN YOU FEEL YOU DESERVE IT THE LEAST.
5. YOU HAVE TO FULLY ACCEPT AND MAKE PEACE WITH THE “NOW” BEFORE YOU CAN REACH AND FEEL SATISFIED WITH THE “LATER.”
6. FOCUS ON PROGRESS RATHER THAN PERFECTION AND ON HOW FAR YOU’VE COME RATHER THAN ON HOW FAR YOU HAVE LEFT TO GO.
7. YOU CAN’T HATE YOUR WAY INTO LOVING YOURSELF.
Read More Here: http://themindunleashed.org/2014/07/7-things-remember-think-youre-good-enough.html